Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Kind of Sad, Really

I picked up some X-Men comics at the library today, and spent the afternoon squeeing over them. Xena-kitty wanted to sit in my lap, so I figured I might as well introduce her to the marvels of the x-universe.
...yes, I talk to my cats. They don't generally answer back. The next is a kitty-comic of sorts, in which Michiko (aka Michi aka Horrible Kitten aka Bad Bad OWW!...)

I should mention that Xena is a Jedi cat as well as a Gumbie cat*. There's no particular reason; she just is. Fortunately for the world, she mostly uses her powers for convincing people to give her food.
Oh, and check out Lackadaisy! It is a comic set in Prohibition-era St. Louis, by a lady who draws cats much better than I do.
* "She sits and sits and sits and sits/ and that's what makes a Gumbie cat." --T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you drew Michi! I knew Xena was a Jedi Cat but I wasn't aware that she's a Gumbie cat.

I clicked on the link; I've never seen comics like that. That's pretty cool.

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

Your avatar is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.