Saturday, July 21, 2007

Kylie and the World of Work

My last entry corresponds roughly with my getting hired at Shirt-Folding Store, which is where I've whiled away many a (paid-by-the) hour in the last month or so. For a summer job it's not at all bad and my co-workers are all super-nice, but there is a lot of time spent standing around waiting for a customer to wander in. I've accumulated a number of doodles done on reciept-paper done during these times. I was going to post all of them, but some didn't come out and in others you can see the company logo on the paper (I'm probably paranoid to be worried about this, but let's just stick with Shirt-Folding Store, okay?). So I've only put one up for now, but I will probably post the others after some retakes and tweaking.



This is one of the minor mishaps that occurred during the markdowns hoopla last week. I got to wander around with this cool zapper thingy and print out price stickers. At one point I had to replace the roll of label-tape in the printer, but I put it in wrongside-up and when I tried to make price tags it went haywire and spit out about eight feet of tape before I could fix it.

2 comments:

Nathaniel Cornstalk said...

Your comic avatar is adorable. And I think you're right to be a bit paranoid.

Anonymous said...

Haha, oh no! Things like that are bound to happen when one starts a new job and when "one" happens to be Kylie.