Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Magic of Charcoal



"Take this arm. I do not want it."

Seriously, I don't know what the crap this is supposed to be. I can't even figure out if it's a man or a woman who's disgruntledly shoving a giant arm at the viewer. But aren't charcoals fun? I can just scribble some random stuff, smudge it a bit, and suddenly it looks all cool and artsy! So yeah, I'll probably be messing around with it some more. I've mastered the most important step, which is to wash my hands before reaching up to adjust my glasses. Black smudges do nothing for my complexion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duuudde. That's pretty neat. If you ask me, I think it's a woman. Something about it makes it a woman, but I can't put my finger on it.

K. said...

It's a woman. she's mad because everyone hates her biscuits. she spent all day making bisbuits, and they turned out to be rock-hard and tasteless. Then her husband told her to go make different biscuits, because the first ones sucked, and she got really upset. I mean, with this guy it's always something...she's pretty sick of it. This is a picture of her right after she shoved a biscuit in his face and spat in his eye. So, yes. That is what you drew a picture of.

Anonymous said...

*falls onto floor laughing*

Kylie said...

but did she also rip his arm off? Because she's definitely holding an arm.

(maybe it's like...a reinterpretation of Beowulf! Where the kitchen is Heorot, and the biscuit-hating husband is Grendel! Yeah! It all makes sense now!)

K. said...

uh....glad I could provide you with some direction....